MEDIA ADVISORY, Sept. 19, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) --
Note to Editors and News Directors: Northrop Grumman and its employees greatly appreciate your continued assistance in sharing these updates. These announcements change slightly each day, so we ask that you carefully review the information before broadcasting it or printing it to ensure your broadcasts or print materials coincide with what we are sharing with you. Thank you for your ongoing support.
RETURN-TO-WORK NOTICE FOR NORTHROP GRUMMAN SHIP SYSTEMS EMPLOYEES
Northrop Grumman Ship Systems has resumed shipbuilding production on a limited basis at all its facilities: Gulfport, Pascagoula, and New Orleans operations, and the Tallulah facility. All Northrop Grumman Ship Systems personnel should report to work.
NEW ORLEANS OPERATIONS BUS SCHEDULE FOR EMPLOYEES
All employees who can do so are encouraged to report to work at 6 a.m. for a four-by-ten shift, Monday through Thursday. Bus Transportation is provided from the following locations:
-- Thibodeaux - Winn Dixie, 375 North Canal Blvd. The bus departs at 4:45 a.m. -- Raceland - Winn Dixie Shopping Center, 4560 Hwy 1. The bus departs at 4:45 a.m. -- Baton Rouge - Target, 6885 Siegen Lane. The bus departs at 4:15 a.m. -- Slidell - Target, 61121 Airport Road. The bus departs at 4:15 a.m.
PASCAGOULA OPERATIONS EMPLOYEES
All employees who can do so are requested to report to work. Technical and support personnel assigned in Pascagoula are operating on different schedules, and in different locations, as follows.
-- Engineering and ILS departments: - FSO employees are asked to report to the EDC at 6 a.m. Work shifts for these employees will be Thursday through Saturday, 12 hours each day. Employees will need to provide their own meals. - Sunplex employees are asked to report to Sunplex in Ocean Springs at 6 a.m. Work shift at Sunplex will be a 4-by-10 schedule Tuesday through Friday. - Engineering employees in Administration buildings 1, 2 and 3 are asked to report to their previously assigned work areas at 6 a.m. Work shift will be a 4-by-10 schedule Tuesday through Friday. - Expeditionary warfare programs management, surface combatant programs management, Deepwater program management: - Report to previously assigned work areas. Work shift will be a 4-by-10 schedule, which started Monday and will continue through Thursday. - CG 47 Planning Yard employees are asked to report to the CDI Building on Telephone Road in Moss Point at 7 a.m. until further notice. -- Business Management (finance, contracts, estimating and EVMS): - West Bank employees who have not previously reported to work should report tomorrow, at normal work locations. East Bank employees should report to the CDI Building on Telephone Road in Pascagoula. Work shift will be a 4-by-10 schedule, Tuesday through Friday. -- Planning department employees, including industrial engineering, production planning, scheduling and manpower planning: - Report to work at normal work times at Pascagoula locations. -- Supply Chain Management - all office personnel: - Report to work at normal Pascagoula work locations and times. - Sourcing and material cataloging employees will report to the EDC (K-Mart building). Supervisors will contact these employees for work shifts and times.
SPECIAL PAYROLL INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYEES USING DIRECT DEPOSIT
- Employees using direct deposit for their pay who have had difficulty accessing their net payroll amount can call (877) 744-7642 and authorize the company to make the next payroll payment either by check (if they are able to pick up a check at the Ingalls or Gulfport shipyards) or by Western Union cash payment, in lieu of direct deposit. This authorization is not retroactive; it only applies to future payrolls. All employee requests to switch from direct deposit to check or Western Union cash payment that are received by close of business Tuesday, Sept. 20 will be made effective on the Friday, Sept. 23 payday. At the employee's request, the election to suspend direct deposit will remain in effect until the employee notifies the company to return to direct deposit.
- At Pascagoula, employees can authorize a check or Western Union payment instead of direct deposit by completing a form. This form will be made available at the completion of each shift. Employees should submit their completed authorization forms to their supervisors or leave completed forms at any security checkpoint. Ship Systems Finance (payroll) personnel will collect these forms.
- Beginning with the Sept. 30 paycheck, pay will be made either by direct deposit or by actual check. The company no longer will utilize the emergency Western Union method.
- Employees may continue to experience difficulty accessing direct deposit payroll at credit unions or banks in the affected areas. Employees who use financial institutions in the Gulf Coast region and are unable to access funds should call (877) 744-7642.
TOLL-FREE EMPLOYEE CONTACT LINE
- Northrop Grumman continues to request that every employee from its Gulf Coast facilities contact the company via the new toll-free number, (877) 744-7642, to ensure that all employees are accounted for and their needs are being addressed.
WORKERS COMPENSATION PAYMENTS
-- The workers compensation distribution of payments for the period ending Sept. 9, 2005 will be handled in the following manner: - For employees (or their beneficiaries) outside of the areas impacted by Hurricane Katrina (or those personnel for whom we have previously received a forwarding address) the payment distribution will continue to be handled as a check delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. - For the balance of employees (or their beneficiaries), particularly those in the areas impacted by Hurricane Katrina, payments are now available through Western Union. - Any questions regarding whether payment will be made by check or Western Union "Quick Cash" should be referred to the F.A. Richard (FARA) Hotline at (888) 560-2562.
- Special arrangements have been made to ensure no lapses in coverage occur for Northrop Grumman employees during the hurricane recovery period. The company Benefits Center can assist with health issues, including prescription refills, medical pre-certifications and guidance for use of physicians and hospitals outside the network areas. Call (800) 894-4194.
SAVINGS ACCOUNT LINE
- Company representatives can respond to questions regarding savings plan loans or hardship withdrawals. Call (800) 676-7211.
NORTHROP GRUMMAN EMPLOYEE DISASTER RELIEF FUND AVAILABLE
- Direct assistance to employees impacted by Hurricane Katrina will be provided through the new Northrop Grumman Employee Disaster Relief Fund. Affected employees should call (888) 642-5645 between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. PDT to apply.